The Research Group in Algebra is composed by 8 people and several Ph.D. students.
The main research lines are the following:
- Groups representations;
- Linear groups and representation of groups with elements having particular spectrum;
- Projective moduli;
- Cohomology and representations of finite and profinite groups;
- Cohomology and representations of restricted Lie algebras;
- Graded Lie algebras, classification of thin algebras, generalizations of the Nottingham group algebra;
- Geometrical and combinatorical aspects in finite group theory;
- Structure of locally compact, totally disconnected, groups;
- Probability in groups, Moebius functions on finite groups;
- Groups of permutations and applications of the theory of groups of permutations to cryptographic systems and linear codes and, in general, to combinatorial structures;
- Action of groups on graphs;
- Algebraic entropy of group endomorphisms.